Sunday, May 17, 2009

This is the kind of story Brown plants against his ministers

MPs' expenses: Hazel Blears is "out of control", Gordon Brown is warned - Telegraph

Cabinet colleagues fear that Hazel Blears will “not wait to be sacked” and may instead resign, aiming a public broadside at the Prime Minister which will further undermine his position.

The Sunday Telegraph has also been told that she has threatened to “bring down” another Cabinet minister with her if she feels she is being forced out.


I'm no fan of Hazel Blears, but this looks like a typical Brown planted story.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How on earth did we get ourselves into quite such a mess?

Is there a message about the hubris of a party that wins by a landslide?

Oldrightie said...

McBride never left. You need to pop over to my place, dear Sir.

Martin S said...

I agree!
I covered this in my Sunday Update.
Sunday updateAnd if we note the location of the story (The Daily Telegraph) and the curiously worded statement "A Cabinet-level source..."

I think you could be right as to the provenance of this sordid little attack on Hazel Blears.)

Anonymous said...

'Cabinet colleagues' can fear many things. You never know some might be legitimate.

I have read elsewhere that The Telegraph editor is a drinking buddy of Ed Balls.