Monday, May 25, 2009

Why Posts on American Idol and Drag?

I began English Eclectic not as a political blog as such, nor as a religious blog, nor as a gay blog. It's meant to represent an integrated (or perhaps completely disintegrated) view of life.

I don't think that thinking about drag acts, sculpture by Michelangelo, and the best way to run a country are separate and distinct ways of thinking. I'm not always sure of the connections, but I would suggest this; if in a hundred years time someone wanted wanted to reconstruct what sort of person I am/was, and the things I am/was interested in, they will be able to do it better from this blog than from the thousands of other things I have written.

I don't want to make the sacred profane, but I do see sacredness in profane things.

No comments: